Good morning reception!
What day is it?
Wake Up, Shake Up Time
Let’s do our Daily Maths Meeting:
Our new number of the week is: 27
Here’s 27 in tens and ones. How many tens can you see ? How many ones ?
Write a number sentence to show it.
Can you do 27 claps, clicks, stomps, blinks, nods?
Can you tell me what the temperature is? Is it warmer or cooler than yesterday?
Let’s start by warming up our hands for handwriting practice:
Now use your pencil to write these words, forming each letter correctly:
Listen to the story again:
After you have listened to/watched the story, have a think about;
- Would you like to have a star? Why?
- What would you do with a star if you had one of your very own?
- Where would you keep your star?
- Where does the boy look?
- What does he try to do to help him reach the star in the sky?
- How do you think you would catch a star?
- Can you think of any other things the boy might have tried to do to reach the star?
- Was this story fiction (pretend) or non-fiction (real)? Why do you think that?
Join in with the song, clap the syllables:
Can you read these words and count the syllables ?
In today’s lesson we will continue looking at multi-syllable words:
Can you complete these 2 worksheets from your pack?
Let’s begin with a warm up counting song:
Today we will be continuing using the part-whole method to complete our number sentences.
Can you draw the correct number of dots to complete the number sentences and make number bonds to 10?
Relax and Unwind
Note to parents:
Keep in touch and if you’re happy to share photographs of your child’s work with us – please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs Chowdhury, Mrs McCutcheon and Mrs Smith.