Here is a recipe for making playdough you can add food colouring to change the colour or herbs and spices to give it a smell. If you put it in a sealed container or the fridge it will keep for longer.
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup salt
- 1 tbsp cooking oil, Olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- food colouring
- In a large bowl, combine all of your dry ingredients (flour, salt, cream of tartar) and mix well.
- Mix food colouring ring with your water first. Then add the vegetable oil and water with food colouring to a large pot. Mix together.
- Add the dry ingredients to your pot and mix well.
- Cook over low to medium heat until the dough starts to form and becomes dry.
- Once it starts to form a ball together and looks fully cooked, take off the heat. Let the dough cool first before touching.
- Once cool, knead the dough for 5 minutes to make the dough soft.
What can you make with your play dough? Tell us in the comments below.
The Nursery Team