Good morning Year 5,
Today’s activity we would like you to complete is:
In your exercise book, we would like you to write your meeting tale. This activity should take you today and tomorrow. We have completed lots of work on ‘Little Vixen Street’ and you have planned out your own.
Please write today’s date (Thursday 19th March 2020) on the first page in your exercise book and the learning objective: L.O: Can I write a ‘meeting tale’?
– Appropriate and wider use of ambitious vocabulary.
– wider range of sentence structures e.g. dash, list of three, quick actions through an exclamation mark.
– use of semi-colon to create co-ordinating sentences.
– an effective and appropriate use of a wider range of fronted adverbials and adverbial phrases.
– show techniques of how to build tension.
– appropriate use of synonyms and antonyms.
– appropriate use of past perfect, past progressive and future tenses.
– silent letter and spellings from the Year 5 list.
– Joined up handwriting with clear ascenders and descenders.
Think about your own ideas and don’t hug the text too closely!
We look forward to reading them!