Support for Parents


Department for Education Coronavirus helpline

Today, the DfE have launched a new helpline to answer questions about COVID-19 related to education. Staff, parents and young people can contact the helpline as follows:

Phone: 0800 046 8687
Opening hours: 8am to 6pm (Monday to Friday)


Coronavirus – Advice for all early years providers, schools and further education providers


The government is closely monitoring the spread of the Coronavirus and is taking action at home and abroad.

The overall risk of Coronavirus to the UK remains moderate. However we understand that people may be concerned where there are children, students or staff returning from or visiting China.

Public Health England and the Foreign Office have issued advice for anyone travelling to the area. This can be found at:

Latest information and advice can also be found at:


Advice for parents/guardians

You should not be unduly worried about the possibility of your children catching the Coronavirus.

There is no reason why your children should not continue to attend their early years, school or further education setting as normal.

We recognise that some families or children may have travelled near some of the countries and regions identified during the half term period. If so, please refer to the FCO’s latest travel advice via the link above.


What action you can take

A UK wide campaign has been launched to provide clear advice on how to slow the spread of Coronavirus.

Please help to support the campaign which promotes basic hygiene practices, such as regularly washing hands and always sneezing into a tissue, to stem the spread of viruses.

You can do this by:

Displaying this poster in relevant public spaces:

Sharing DHSC content from the following social media links:



Below are a list of resources available to you regarding many aspects:


Need advice on health related matters for your child?

Visit the NHS school health service website.

School Nurse Info

Mental Health

Multi-disciplinary Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service for Central Manchester. A local NHS service.

Manchester Central CAMHS


Manchester City Council 

Visit the council web page for information relating to Admissions, Holiday activities, local carnivals and much more.

Council website – children and families


Supporting families who have children with special educational needs

Parents and Carers can consider accessing support from the agencies and groups below.  For an informal discussion of how we can support you and your family call into the school office and ask for a private conversation with a member of the senior team or attendance officers.

Independent Parent Advice (for parents with children with SEN)


New to the UK?

Contact Citizens Advice for free, helpful advice.

Click here to find out how you can get advice from the Citizens Advice network, including online, by phone and in person local to you.

If you want to know about your rights, applying for benefits, visa and right to work then visit this website below.

Universal Credit eligibility

Finding a place to live locally



Phone: 0161 2246829
Manchester, M13 0PE
50 Hamilton Road,
Translate »